There are many ways for you and your children to share your gifts at Lake Travis United Methodist Church. Take a look at the various ways you can empower your talents and skills to serve God and serve others at LTUMC.
Do you have a talent for writing or graphic design? Or maybe you’re a social media guru. If so, we could use your help on the LTUMC Communications Committee.
Our Committee Works on…
- The church website (ltumc.org)
- Weekly church worship bulletin
- Impressions (the weekly church email newsletter)
- Social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter)
Interested in joining our team? Call the church office 512-266-9877.
There are numerous ways to serve on the Worship Committee. Volunteers are needed in all areas. Please contact the following members for more information or to make a commitment to serve.
- Ushers for Traditional Services: Charles Koenig
- Decorations: Evon Skilton
- Lay Readers: Myles McKemie
- Communion Servers: Evon Skilton
- Communion Set-up/clean-up (8:30 a.m.): Marthe or Ken Morgan
- Communion Set-up/clean-up (11:00 a.m.): John Morris
- Portable Communion (provides communion elements to homebound and nursing home residents: Sylvia Simpson
Being an acolyte is one of the first service commitments by our youth to our Church and God. Young people who are in the 5th grade or older are eligible to serve in this important ministry at our church.
Acolyte is a Greek word (akolouthos) meaning companion, attendant or helper. Acolytes bring the ‘light of God’ into the sanctuary, and at the end of service they take the ‘light of God’ out into the world, where believers are called to serve. Our acolytes are very important leaders in our weekly worship service and work closely with Pastor Ray to begin and end both of our traditional worship services.
INVITING AND WELCOMING COMMITTEE
Are you a people person? Would you enjoy talking to newcomers and others in the community about Lake Travis United Methodist Church? Inviting and Welcoming Committee could be the right fit for you!
- Inviting the community to LTUMC through outreach activities
- Welcoming and embracing visitors through personal connections
- Sharing our programs and missions to help everyone find a place at LTUMC
- Conveying the message that LTUMC is a great place to worship God and serve others
For questions, or to volunteer, please contact Danny or Jana White at 512–560–5578 or 512-731-4281.
Music plays an integral part of worship, outreach to the community, and creative opportunities for all ages. Whether it’s just singing familiar hymns or joining in with praise music, everyone can take part in the music at LTUMC. Here are more ways:
- Adults: choir, handbells, praise team, ensembles, and solos
- Youth: choir, handbells, praise team or traditional solos.
- Children: age-appropriate choirs, 4-5 grade chimes, Christmas musical
- Music Arts Academy: lessons taught by local expert instructors, here at the church
If you want to help plan and host special music events and outreach opportunities, join the Music Committee. If you would like to join a choir, offer your talent, or grow your musical skills, contact Patty Highland, Director of Music Ministries. Not sure? Just come and observe.
For more information, contact Patty Highland, Director of Music Ministries at the church.
By volunteering 30 minutes a week to read to a student, you can help solve one of the largest problems in the Greater Austin area – school dropout rates. Research shows that children not reading at grade level by the end of 3rd grade are four times more likely to drop out of school. Join the movement to change this trend and make a difference in the life of a child today!
Ready to take action?
- Make a 30 min. commitment to serve from Jan 2016 – May 2016.
- Register at the Lake Travis link below for the district/school and training of your choice
- Recruit your friends, neighbors and co-workers to join us!
- For more information or questions:
Contact Mariah Froehlich