“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children.” Deuteronomy 6: 4-7
Dt.6 Family Ministry is a ministry at Lake Travis United Methodist Church that helps every family take one step closer to Jesus by:
- Equipping parents to fill their children with Christ’s love and lessons,
- Creating an environment where kids are excited to be at church and want to learn about God, and
- Bringing family members together… in a culture where family members are often in separate activities.
Adult Sunday School, Sundays 9:45am-10:45am
For Parents, small group classes on Sunday nights
Love and Logic, classes offered periodically.
- Kids Church is on Sunday morning from 9:30-10:45am
- Young Disciple’s Time the 11am Traditional Service
- Wednesday Night Live Wednesday nights beginning at 5:15pm. Children’s activities include Tween Time, Prime Time Chimers, BibleZone, and Children’s Choir
- 2nd & 3rd Grade Bible Presentation (each Fall)
- Children’s Christmas Program (each Advent season)
- Palm Parade (each Palm Sunday)
- Vacation Bible School
- Cross Cheer Cheerleading Camp
- Worship together every Sunday at 8:30am and 11am
- Family Dinner Wednesday nights starting at 5:15pm
- Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and Grandparent’s Day Celebrations
- Christmas Family Worship
- Blessing of the Animals (each Advent season)
- God’s Friday Family Worship (on Good Friday)
- All Church Fellowship Activities
- All Saints Sunday (families bring photos of loved ones for display)
Recommended Resources for Families:
1. The Plans I have for You by Amy Parker
Inspires readers of all ages to dream about their future and God’s great plans for us
2. Table Topics, Family Edition
Perfect for family dinner time conversation, family game night or whenever you want to spark really fun conversation.
We warmly invite you and your family to participate in our Dt.6 Family Ministry opportunities. If you feel called to serve in our Dt.6 Family Ministry, please email Patty Rosemurgy, Christian Education. If you have questions about Dt.6 Family Ministry, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach someone on our Dt.6 Family Ministry Team.